From:
Heather Jane Bilicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 11:21:10 -0500
Hello all,
I have a very important question.  I am trying to change the ferrets' diet and
was wondering if a ferret will voluntarily starve himself.  Kit Kat and Twinkie
have been seen eating the new food but Pickle has not.  I do know that he will
pick out the old food mixed in and eat that.  I have tried to mix in ferretone
to blend the flavors a per Pam's suggestion but he hates ferretone and will
then reduce his food consumption greatly.  I want to be able to feed them a
better diet but I am concerned that as I reduce the ratio of the old food,
Pickle will not eat enough.  Any other suggestions?  If all I provide is the
Iams will he eventually eat it when he gets hungry enough?

Thanks,
Heather
Durham, NC

P.S.  We got our first real snow last night! :)  I haven't seen this much in
the 5 years since I moved here- a whole 2 inches!