From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jun 2009 23:10:08 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was at at the daisy field
with de kits teaching them how to weave de daisies into chains. Of
course it was hard to do. You had to be careful and weave them very
carefully or else they would break and then you would have to start all
over again. But de kits were really catching on. All of a sudden she
heard de flutter of wings and in flew Mimi, de little girl courier,
with a note in her paws. She said, "I have an important message from
the Boss. A ferret is crossing the Bridge and her Mommy has requested
that you greet her. Is there anyone that I should go fetch?"

Mimi handed me de note which I quickly read. I told her who to get and
where he was to be and I headed for de entrance. I was just in time to
see an elderly gray girl fuzzy with a heavy backpack at de entrance.
So I introduced myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering. You will run on green grass forever and have lotsa
friends. Did I mention the fun and games?"

She looked at me and said, "Well, I usually don't care for other
ferrets, but I guess you are the exception, cause Mommy told me about
you. She did say that someone would meet me here, so I know she wasn't
just telling me stories just to make me feel better. But I don't see my
friend, so are you going to be my only friend? I guess I will have to
get used to you because Mommy says that you are very nice and if Mommy
says so then it must be true. Oh yes, my name is Noelle and my Mommy is
Laryssa but I just thought you would already know that. Can you fix me
up so I am beautiful once again and healthy so I can run and play like
you said I could?"

With a deep breath, I said, "Gee, Noelle, I am happy that your Mommy
said I was nice. But if you are patient you will see your friend in a
while. As to your fur and to your health, just look at yourself now."

Noelle looked at her fur and what was gray was now a sable and she
reached up and touched her head and she had fur all over it and it
wasn't bald anymore either. In fact she felt good all over. Now she
knew Mommy hadn't been tell her stories.

Then I asked her what she was carrying in her heavy backpack. She
looked at me wide-eyed and asked, "Why do you want to know? Are you
going to take them away from me? Don't you have lotsa things of your
own?" I replied, "Noelle, I am just nosey like any fuzzy. It has been
so long since I have been on earth that I just like to see what fuzzies
bring in dere secret backpacks (unlike humans ferrets can bring
anything in dere backpacks they can stuff into them)." So reassured,
she carefully unzipped her backpack and took out two crocheted eggs
and two N-Bones-one for herself and one for her special friend. After
I admired them, she put them away.

Just then, a brown ferret stepped out from behind a tree, and said,
"Hi Noelle." She turned and saw him, and dooked with joy, "Peepers,
old buddy, how good to see you, I have missed you. At last we are
together."

Mr Peepers told her he had a surprise for her and she asked him what it
could be and he said, "Do you see these wings on my shoulders? You are
going to get you very own special pair of these. These are so great for
flying about the heavens--it beats hopping from cloud to cloud."

So off the three of us went down de garden path to the Wing House
where the wings were stored. We opened de door and on de counter was
a big box (of course). Noelle opened de box and took out de wings--
hot lavender with black streaks. I helped her put on her wings and
Mr.Peepers adjusted her halo and then she ran to de big vanity mirror
and gazed at her reflection--my it had been so long since she had seen
how pretty she was. Den she turned to me and said, "Gee I wish Mommy
could see me now." Den I gots an idea.

We opened de door and went down de path to de Misting Pond and sat down
beside de cool clear water. With one swish she saw a vision of Mommy
Laryssa and her fuzzies appear. Noelle got so excited she started
waving and dooking with all of her might.

"I love you Mommy. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for rescuing me.
I found Peepers here just like you said I would. I really am glad you
told me I would me here. When I first saw SaraFerret I thought for sure
she might be my only playmate but I figured it would be ok because you
said she was nice, but when I saw Peepers, I was really really happy. I
haven't seen any other ferrets here, but I guess from what they tell me
there are lotsa ferrets here so I will get used to them too. Oh guess
what, my fur is all pretty now, just like it used to be and I feel
great now just like when I was young. So you were right. I promise to
visit you one day in your dreams, Mommy."

Then she began to throw hugs and kisses and laid dem on a nearby
shooting star which was headed to your house and by de time you should
read dis it should have landed dere. And with another swish de vision
was gone.

So we left dere and went on down de road to Laryssa's Place where a
party was planned. A banner was strung across de trees--WELCOME TO THE
BRIDGE NOELLE--it read. she was so surprised. We could hear de music
playing and as we entered de cottage, Noelle saw de food dat was laid
out. Oh de usual--chocolate ice cream, m&m's, sweet iced tea, cold
pepsis, all the neat things fuzzies had been forbidden on earth. Noelle
whispered to me, "Are we really allowed to eat this stuff?" I replied,
"Oh of course, we can eat anything here dat de Boss sends to us. After
all dis is de Rainbow Bridge." Fuzzies were starting to drift in from
all over the place to be introduce to her. I was invited to stay, but
I had kits and daisy chains to take care of. So I said my goodbyes and
went back to de field.

I thought to myself how sweet this reunion had been.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter