From:
dan christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:30:29 -0800
Dear Everyone,

As i sit here and sneeze, i will try to let you all know that he is STILL
missing.  I am going to rerun the ad in the newspapers, place more fliers,
approach many strangers, with the winter weather beginning to set in, my
efforts to find him have to escalate.  I have a full blown cold going on,
due to all the stress, especially from work...i guess it is time for me
to get out of retail.

This is not really ferret related, but...when you are all out shopping for
those last minute gifts, be nice to the sales girls @ least the ones who
are trying to make the effort to help you, they are also trying to help
a multitude of others, who may be impatiently waiting too.  There are 11
months prior to this season, but it is one that should be remembered
everyday, and we forget too quickly with the coming new year.  We are
suppose to be celebrating a gift of life, someone who sacrificed his for
our own.  Find some patience and compassion for everyone, and love those
fuzzies all that you can, this has been very, very, taxing, trying to put
a smile on my face, when inside i am lost.  There is a thread in this
family here, in Kenosha, that has been broken, my ferrets are NOT PETS,
they are my family, as well as my cats, and dog.  MY loss of Epimetheus,
has been felt in my body and bones, and heart, as that of those who have
lost loved ones in the Twin Towers tragedy.  That is how deep my love for
these animals goes.  We could have left that little ferret girl on the
lawn, but we chose to follow the route of kindness, and try to save a
life, we are saddened her by her loss.  To feel that cold, cold little
body, my husband scooped her up off the lawn and tucked her under his
jacket in hopes that his body heat could start to warm her up...to no
avail.  She was rushed to the hospital / emergency as it was late @ night.
We didn't care about the bill, we had a little girl who needed someone to
take care of her.  I have a hard time going to the Humane Society, to see
the animals there, the first time when we moved here, i left crying and
swore i could never go back, because i just didn't have the resources or
the time to care for all those faces, that looked at me so longingly for
some attention / love and compassion.  When you make your gift request
list this year, add a shelter to it.  I have come in contact with quite a
few, that are always needy.  Many who are run by one person supporting it.
I send money when i can, and even when i cannot...i could hold all the
money to myself and not want to care about the plight of others, but
somehow, i am always shown a way to take care of my own too.  Cast your
bread upon the waters... Be a little less concerned what you are getting
this year, and think of those who are not getting much of anything.  What
is compassion?  Giving to someone who you don't know, out of the kindness
of your heart, that you can share a little of your own wealth.

Sincerely
Eppys lost mommy in Wisconsin