From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 09:10:38 -0500
>Subject: Ferrets and birds
>Any ferret owners out there have experience with ferrets and pet birds

Max, our ferret, pretty much ignores Woodstock, our cockatiel.  But,
Woodstock's cage is on a stand and well out of Max's reach, so that probably
has a lot to do with it.

Woodstock has free flight in our screened in patio during the daytime.
Occasionally I'll go out there with Max and Woodstock shows much more
interest in Max than the other way around.  But, Max DOES lunge for him if
Woodstock should fly by.  I think if Max could, he'd have bird for dinner.

I also have a friend that had a parrot and a ferret a number of years ago.
The ferret managed to squeeze under the door to the room where the bird was
and he killed the bird.

  Mike

* Michael F. Janke - [log in to unmask]
* Member, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
*
* Shelter Home Page - http://www.bridge.net/~mjanke