From:
George Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:41:47 -0000
Hi Krista,

Here is an extract from the following site:
http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/reviews/americanstaffordshireterriers.html

"The American Staffordshire Terrier is FAR "too much dog" for the
normal household.  Most American Staffordshires have strong territorial
instincts toward other dogs, and strong prey instincts toward smaller
animals."

I would certainly be chary of introducing such a dog to my ferrets.  I
have a lurcher (I believe they are called staghounds in the US) and a
lakeland terrier.  The lurcher will run away from the ferrets if they are
loose and jump onto furniture to get out of their reach.  The terrier
would play with the ferrets but I'm afraid he might get carried away with
himself and become a bit rough with them.  I certainly would not trust
him on his own with my ferrets.

George