From:
Patricia Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 23:02:57 -0800
Hi gang,

I wanted to let you know that I have been in contact with the woman in
Edmonton who has the little girl in heat, but cannot afford her surgery.
Georgia Wood has also been in contact with her.  I think it would be a good
idea for anyone who has emailed her, or is planning to do so, to keep me or
Georgia posted on what's going on.  This will keep all our efforts from
being duplicated.

If anyone can help financially, may I recommend that you let us know, and
that you only send money directly to the vet doing the surgery.  I am not
implying anything here, only trying to protect everyone involved.  I
certainly DO hope someone can help.

As a shelter, I have all I can do (and more) just covering expenses for the
kids here, so I can't send any funds.  I will do whatever I can to help in
the way of coordinating things, or locating local people to help, or
whatever else I can do.  I'll even gladly take her into my shelter and get
her surgery here, if only we could get her here, but I am afraid
transportation would be far more costly than even the surgery.

PLEASE...if there is anyone in Edmonton who can help out, by possibly
adopting this little one and getting her surgery done, or who would be
willing to loan the woman the funds (but you'd have to work that out and
meet her and be certain she could/would repay you, I am not "endorsing"
anyone here!!!), or who could refer a "good" local vet who might take
payments to get this fuzzy taken care of, I NEED you to email me ASAP.

Thanks,
Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter