From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 21:59:07 -0500
zen stated with regards to Sandy Ackerman's shelter:
>With all of the begging and other fund raising going on from the FerretWise
>shelter it sounds like perhaps you would have trouble meeting your own
>criteria.  It honestly sounds hypocritical to say "you need to have money to
>pay for your ferret" while "we can beg if we want to to provide for ferrets
>under our care".

I think there is some confusion on the part of zen here: Not sure what you
are referring to with Sandy Ackerman's operation.  Under no circumstances
does Ferret Wise work in alliance, or otherwise with her organization.  As
far as begging and other fund raising-- well Zen, yes, we do fund raise that
is what most shelter facilities do by selling goods, holding specific events
and fundraisers-- this is so we do not have to appeal so much for assistance
to the general public.  This allows us to do more work in a wider spectrum
to provide for the betterment of the ferret as a whole.  I assure you -- on
behalf of the board of directors, that Ferret Wise Shelter does nothing
illegal in seeking assistance.  We wlcome donations and bequests to further
the work of the shelter.  Like most of your humane shelters in the United
States.  See the last paragraph.  We are A federal tax exempt corporation.
NOT A PRIVATE FOUNDATION-- the missions are clearly stated -- please read
out GuideStar information-- there is not enough space to post via FML.

alicia
for Ferret Wise Shelter