Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:50:16 -0600
In the past, I have adopted many ferrets and have bought few.  We just
had our third ferret death in the past two years, and I am emotionally
tapped out right now.  We feel it's time (within the next few months) to
add a new baby to the business, and as much as my heart wants to adopt
from a shelter again, I just can't tolerate the thought of more prolonged
illness and early death right now.  Therefore, we're going to try buying
from a private breeder this time.  (If anyone wants to flame me for
buying rather than adopting, please don't waste your time and mine.)

Does anyone know of a private breeder specifically located in the
Midwestern US who breeds for longevity, health, and temperament (coat
color is completely unimportant) and has a good reputation?  (We are
willing to drive a good long way if necessary.) If so, please let me
know privately.  Thanks.

-Natasha