From:
DONALD AND ELEANOR MEAD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 01:13:44 -0400
I was the one to come up with the idea of the prayer list and little did
I think that I would be needing a prayer for one of my ferts so soon.
One of my eldest ferrets, I have had since he was a kit at 6 weeks old,
Bear, who is now almost 7, has not much time left with me.  His heart
condition has worsened.  He has heart arrhythmia, adrenal disease and has
had insolinoma for OVER 3 YEARS!.  He is the albino gentle giant I had
often spoken about that actually "talks".  He talks back when you talk to
him!  When he eats, he talks and expresses how happy he is with quite the
sounds which I have recorded.  Once I get my new computer up and running,
I will be able to send the voice clippings to those who would like to
hear him.  I also would like to get one more good taping of him "talking"
while he can still enjoy his food.  All he does now is sleep and is very
restless.  Would you PLEASE pray that he stay comfortable and go in his
sleep and peacefully, that is all I ask.  I know, he will not get better.
He has fought a lot of battles.  I do not want to lose him and I am
crying as I write this, but I know from talking to my vet, realisticly
what to expect.  He has an appointment Monday to see if doubling up on
the Lassix to get rid of the water, will help.  PLEASE keep BEAR in your
prayers and thoughts.

Thank you.
Eleanor Mead