Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 21:11:00 -0800
>I've never given much credence to that picture; it doesn't state what type
>of colloidal silver the woman took, how much, or for how extended a period
>of time.  For all it says, she might have taken an improperly made brand,
>or taken way too much of (in other words, abused) a properly made brand.
>this list use colloidal silver for their pets and themselves.  Has
anyone here EVER had a ferret with argryria (or a person with argyria) ..
or ever >even SEEN a person or ferret with argyria (caused by colloidal
silver)

Argyria is real; it's in the medical books. How common it is, I don't
know. However...I would suspect that people who are victims of argyria
probably are not out and about all that much, or may have tried to find
some way to cover it up. How often do you see a human with
neurofibromatosis
wandering around? With progeria? With kaposi's sarcoma visible on
exposed
skin??? But all those diseases certainly exist and cause distress to
those
who have them.

Also, identifying medical problems in "the public" area is no so easy as
you might assume.  Before I entered chiropractic college, I really thought
most of those "diseases" I always heard about just never happened, or
almost never.  The few sick people I recognized were REALLY ill.  Now that
I have the education, however, it's amazing the illnesses and disabilities
I recognize every day on the street, in stores, etc.  Sick people do not go
around with a sign hanging on their necks saying "I have Disease X" (unless
it's rampantly obvious like they are toting an oxygen tank, have a lupus
"mask", are a "pink puffer" or a "blue bloater," etc.) If you are trained,
far more things are obvious to you.  And still there are many other
problems that are not obvious, outwardly, even to the trained eye.

Ela, I understand your statements, but those very statements leave a lot
of questions begging.  What is a "properly made" brand?  Who proved it was
properly made?  'Properly' implies that someone, somewhere, decided there
was a boundary between that an 'improperly.' Any other use of the
distinction just means it's an opinion and not an established clinical
datum.

Megan

--
Megan O'Shaughnessy, D.C.       | North Cascades Chiropractic Clinic
360-853-9023                    | Concrete, WA