From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 15:22:39 -0800
Hi FML friends,

I was wondering if it is safe to vaccinate ferrets for both distemper and
rabies at the same time.  I've heard mixed opinions about this, and my three
are due very soon for their annual shots -- my vet swears its okay to
administer both shots during the same visit, & says he does this all the
time - and he treats several ferrets per week.  (I do know to stay for at
least 20 minutes afterwards to monitor the fuzzies for reactions).  However,
I've heard a little too much to the contrary, saying distemper and rabies
vaccinations should be given separately.  Any insight or recommendations
about this?  I'd like to hear what you all do for your babies come annual
shots-time!  thanks all!

Jennifer, Jasmine, Casey and Samantha