From:
Ingrid Rhinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:08:01 -0600
Linda,

Yes, Michelle (our treasurer for those who don't know her) was very
influential in working out the current content - as were every other
member of our Board.  And while we all work to provide information to
the delegates who are introducing the bill, none but the legislators can
stake claim for writing any bill.  I'm not sure where your information is
coming from, but we did, in fact, testify and answer questions from the
Judicial Committee when the bill was heard (not voted on - the bill was
never voted on last year ).  We were not asked in advance to testify and
were not prepared to do so, but we did anyhow.  It's true that we are new
to this legislative business, but we have learned a lot and immediately
following last year's hearing we began putting together our new campaign
and documentation for this year.

Regarding the online petition, many, many Maryland people find this
the easiest way to show their support for the bill, as well as
out-of-staters.  Signatures from out-of-state will be discounted, this
is true, but even as discounted they make the delegates aware of the
support from around the US.  Please everyone - every signature counts!
Please sign the petition at:
www.mdferretpaws.org/legislation/petition.html

Thank you for linking the bill to your website.  I hope that you'll
encourage everyone to sign the online petition.  This is very important
legislation and will improve the status and health of ferrets in MD.

In other bill-related news, our bill now has a number and should be
assigned a hearing date in the near future.  I'll keep you all updated
as events unfold.  Also, if you'd like to be updated by email, please
send me an email at [log in to unmask] with Subscribe Bill News in
the subject.

Thanks everyone!  And remember, SIGN THE PETITION!

Ingrid Rhinehart
Secretary
MD Ferret PAWS, Inc.
www.mdferretpaws.org