From:
Karen McCabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 23:21:00 -0500
PLEASE CROSS POST!!

A Benefit Raffle is being held to raise funds for Pillsbury, a very sweet
boy in very serious need.

For those not yet familair with Pillsbury....

Pillsbury was a stray being held at the Jefferson Parish Animal Shelter
in New Orleans, LA when Laura Robbins of NOLA Ferrets Shelter & Rescue
was contacted to go pick up the boy.  When Laura arrived, she found a
very sweet Albino boy with a very massive growth on his lower abdomen.
This growth was found to be an Adenocarcinoma of the Prepuce (a tumor
of the tissue surrounding the penis).  Without surgery, Pillsbury's fate
is grim.  Untreated, such a tumor will undoubtedly cause this sweet boy
to meet a very agonizing end.  Should surgery not be possible the only
alternative would be to euthanize.

Pillsbury is a sweet, happy boy.  He plays, he dances, he dooks.  He
has no idea he is ill.  He has a zest for life and a strong will to
live.  NOLA Ferrets would like to give Pillsbury the chance he deserves.
Unfortunately, surgery is going to be costly.  Initial estimate is over
$1000.00....and this is just a starting estimate, actual cost may be much
higher.

You can help by supporting the Pillsbury Fundraiser Raffle!

Raffle Information:

Run Dates: December 01, 2003 - January 15, 2004

Cost: $1.00 Per Ticket - 6 Tickets For $5.00 (Buy 5, Get 1 Free)

We currently have 14 items listed, all being raffled individually (so you
may choose the prize(s) you really want), and hope to add even more.

For further details please visit the Pillsbury Fundraiser Page at
http://www.cinnamonsprite.net/ferret/pillsbury/

We are still in need of additional items to fill our Ferret Goody Basket!
If you would like to contribute please contact me at

Thank you for your support!!

Karen McCabe
~aka~
Cinnamon Sprite