From:
Trudi Casler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 19:58:54 EST
>I have posted before about the fund raiser that we are having for Ferret
>Corner here in Sierra Vista, Arizona, however I would like to find out if
>there is anyone that would like to donate items, money or food for the
>BBQ?

i went to your site thats at the bottom of your post...as a rescue shelter
why are the ferrets still intact?  i dont mind helping if i can...but the
web site is full of ferrets that are not fixed and apparently will be
adopted out that way...a a mom of animals and actual kids i know that
there should not be any more breeding going on...we cannot even help the
ones that are put to sleep in tucson alone..did you know that the figure
is over 63,000.00?  and thats in tucson...i am not trying to be rude...
maybe it sounds that way...but if you have ferrets that are up for
adoption and you are a shelter why arent they fixed?  if its money for
that purpose putting your vets contact number and address name and number
would probably get you what you wanted...provided that its the vet care to
fix these animals...its just that your web site does not refect that...and
as far as pinning goes...maybe they should just be fixed...or maybe they
have been handled wrong...or thay may have some sort of underlying health
problem...

when they bite scruff them gently and look them in their face and tell them
no....and blow one short fast breath into their face...do this everytime they
bite...on the 4th time do the same but put them in time out after you cruff
them...just put them in their cage for 5 mins...after the 5 mins...take them
out, even if they have fallen asleep and start all over...some ferrets have
really bad eyesight and nip/bite...some even have been trained wrong...(such
as hitting, flicking, tapping and etc..) (in my owner ship of several
"biting/abused ferrets...ther aforementioned should never be used) (if as a
human being we cant figure out how to humanely disapline an animal especial
something as small as a ferret than you shouldnt have one) (this was not for
you but for those unbearable people who will feel the need to debate this
isssue)...anyway the ferrets also may just be hard of hearing...so this was
not a lecture...it was a very long drawn out question and advice...i still
take ferrets in from people and vets...i dont belong to any club because i
feel the abuse in any form is not acceptable and there is a club here that
has someone who does endorse flicking ferrets and well if its abuse in a
child why wouldnt it be abuse in an animal?  but if you need help id be
willing to do what i could...but its the ferrets that i really need to
know about...sorry this was long winded and really scattered...

T.c.