From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:16:01 -0500
>From:    DOOK-WOOF-DOOK <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Greyhounds and Ferrets
>
>Greyhounds are one breed you want to stay away from.  They are bred to
>chase small fuzzy things (which resemble ferrets) around a track.  Their
>instinct is to kill them.  Therefore this would not be a good idea.

Hello Marguerite,

NOt necessarily so!

I can happily report this should be a case by case consideration.

We successfully placed a ferret with a family some many years ago who had
2 rescued greyhounds.  The family was very cautious at first muzzling the
dogs etc.  By day 2 the muzzles were off the dogs did not bother the
ferret at all, in fact- the ferret would crawl up and sleep with the
dogs!

It just goes to show what we perceive is not always so.  This family
had the foresight to expect the worse and we were all very rewarded
with the outcome.  That ferret lived until almost 7 years of age- in
fact outliving one of the 2 greyhounds!

Alicia Drakiotes
www.ferretwise.org