From:
Serra Cane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 16:56:16 -0500
I had to go to the vet today to take Chili and Ringo to get their rabies
shot and I had a chance to talk a bit with our vet about Nikki's tumors.
She even showed the mass to me and I was shocked.  It was SO huge.  The mass
that had shown up on the x-ray was actually hundreds of these little tumors
all wound around her intestines.  The weird thing to me was that none of her
organs seemed to be affected at all.  I just wondered if anyone had ever
seen or heard of tumors in ferrets thats weren't originated in a major body
organ.  It seemed weird to me that she was so infested with them and they
hadn't affected her spleen, kidney's, anything.  I'm sorry if this is too
graphic.  I worked in the health field for a few years, and my mother is a
RN, so I'm used to it.  I'm really just interested in finding out everything
about this that I can.  If anyone has any books, or other sources for this
topic please let me know.  It's hard for me to accept these things without
finding a cause.  I know it can't always be found, but any explanation would
help me deal with this.

Thanks,
Serra