From:
john rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:11:30 -0400
Suzi & Kelly, I have a `love biter`, who is the alpha male & the oldest
member of my brood!  Of course, usually the boss!  He does the licking,
licking, LATCHING thing, but when he first started this 5 yrs. ago, a
gentle tap w/one finger on the nose until he "lightened up" on his grip,
then let loose, finally worked!  He still does it today, but when his
`light` clamp after licking begins to titen, words like... nnNNOOO, or
OW, OW ,OW, are all that is needed to cease the increasing pressure, he
stops with a few final licks, and more play!!  I , personally, think it
is like suckling, a re-assurance that I am still there for him.  Just my
opinion, as each ferret `may` have a different agenda in mind.!

john r.  & the gang.

p.s.- He usually picks the `inside` of my forearm, the thinest part of
the skin!! & he knows it!!  jdr.