From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2008 21:59:59 -0500
It was early in de morning at de Bridge. SaraFerret was fast asleep in
her hammie and all was so quiet you could have heard a mouse squeak.
All of a sudden, she heard a tapping on her cottage door. She thought
it was just a part of her imagination, but no, there it was again. So
she got out of her warm hammie, stretched twice, and tripped over a toy
that the kits had left out the night before. After picking herself up,
she opened the door and found Mimi, the little girl courier, with a
note in her paw. "SaraFerret, I know its early, but I has a message
that this ferret is getting ready to cross the bridge. Do you want me
to help you with anything?" SaraFerret took the note that Mimi had
handed to her and read it and then sent Mimi on her way to get the
ferrets that were needed. Then she headed for the bridge entrance.

She was just in time to see a very large dark sable fuzzy with a
backpack running across de bridge. Fortunately dere was a large fluffy
cloud dere to stop his run. Foof! Right into it! No harm to either de
cloud or de fuzzy. So I stepped forward and introduced myself:

"Hi, I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering. You will be with your friends and run on green grass
forever."

Well de big fuzzy just pointed to his mouth and said "MMMMPH." (I
checked my note again and den I understood). POOF! All of a sudden! He
started to stretch his jaw and said, "Gee, that is a relief. Didn't
think I could ever get my mouth open again. My name is Argon of two
Seas, but you can just call me Argon. I belong to Mommy Michelle. Mommy
says told me before I left that you had heard of her. Do you know her
personally? Have you met her? I am kind of sad I had to leave her so
soon as I am really a young ferret. Are you sure I will have other
friends here? You look like a really small ferret to play with. I guess
us NZ ferrets are just rough and tough, bigger than the average."

"Well Argon" I said. "I have never met your Mommy, although I have
heard of her. I am happy you feel lots better. I can see dat you is a
young fuzzy and dat you is a very large one too. In fact you outweighs
me by say, 3 1/2 lbs. (Oh heck, I can't evers figures out dat silly
metrics anyways--silly humans). I was just a regular MF fuzzy on
earth--which is why I is just a small fuzzy. Trust me, you has lotsa
friends here. Say, whatcha gots in dat backpack you're carrying?"

"My backpack? Why d'ya want to know what's in my pack? This is all I
have from my home. Don't you have things of your own?', he asked
anxiously.

"Argon," I don't want your things. I is just nosey like any fuzzy. But
if you don't want to show me dat is ok...."

"Oh if that is all, sure I will be happy to show you some of the
things." Then he carefully took out a yellow beanbag which he had
pilfered when his Mommy was not looking and a small cloth bag. "I can't
show you what is in the cloth bag cause I would lose everything. It has
tears that Mommy cried and a small piece of her heart." Then he put
everything back in it and zipped it up. And then he noticed my wings
and asked, "SaraFerret, I don't mean to be rude, but what are those
things on your shoulders?"

"Oh these are wings for flying. Sure beats hopping from cloud to cloud,
Argon." He looked around and he could see the clouds floating by and he
understood what I meant. "You will get a pair of dese too," I said.

So off we went down de garden path to de Wing house where de wings were
stored. But at de door was Chrony, Ash, Chocolate, Latte, Siteva and
Shorty. It was a big family day. He was not gonna be alone. He knew
some of de fuzzies already. So we opened de door and on de counter was
a big box (of course). He opened de door and took out de wings ( Silver
with black streaks--perfect for a very large fuzzy). Chrony helped him
put on his wings and Ash adjusted his halo. Den he ran to de big vanity
mirror and gazed at his reflection. He could see for de first time what
a handsome NZ ferret he was. Den he turned to me and said, "Gee I wish
Mommy could see me now." Den I gots an idea.

We opened de door and went down de road to de Misting Pond. We sat down
beside de cool clear water and with one swish we saw a vision of Mommy
Michelle and Gryphon and Tundra and Shawnee appear. Argon started
waving and dooking with all of his might. "Mommy, I love you so much.
Thank you for loving me. I wish I could have spent more time with you.
I feel lots better now, so don't worry about me." Den dey started
whispering a few minutes. And all of a sudden dey broke into a rousing
"Sticky Beak the Kiwi Song." Den Argon started throwing hugs, kisses
and promises, and de song dat dey had sung and laid dem on a nearby
shooting star which was headed toward Mommy's house and by de time she
would read dis it should have landed dere. Den with one swish de vision
was gone.

As we headed down de path, dey were all laughing and dooking. "Bet
Mommy will be laughing so hard over dat song, she will forget to cry
for a while." Den Argon spotted his new home with de flag dat Chrony
had brought across earlier. Oh my, dis was now his new place. Wait, it
looked like a picnic was laid out all ready for dem. Music was playing.
I was invited to stay, but I was still so very tired and I had kits to
take care of. So I said my good byes and headed on home. But I kept on
humming de refrain of dat funny song all de way dere.

Si ended another greeting at de Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter