From:
Angela Porter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 1996 12:31:00 MDT
Hi--I'm new to the list.  I just got my first ferret about a month ago.  I
just have a couple of questions.  Is it normal for a ferret to dig in his
litter box and bury his head in it?  His does this everytime I clean it out.
I tried living some poop in it and cleaning it completely.  Neither seems to
make a difference.  Needless to say he makes a big mess and spends the next
couple of minutes sneezing and trying to get litter out of his mouth!  Is
there anything I can do about it?  Also I read about what his poop should
look like and it doesn't fit the bill.  His poop in skinny, long and soft,
but not runny.  Is that okay or does it mean something is wrong?  Nothing
seems to be wrong with him, but I just want to be on the safe side.  In case
it makes a difference, I feed him 8in1 ferret food mixed with Iams kitten
food.  He also gets Ferretone daily.  I'm still learning, so if anyone has
any suggestions feel free to write to me.

Thanks, in advance!
Angela          [log in to unmask]