From:
Alicia Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2011 13:32:09 -0500
They say when one door closes another opens and I tend to think of the
same with the souls of our little ones. It has been a tough time in
these cold months.. many elder ferrets and a few not so have left this
place in search of a higher plane...

Youngster Destiny passed of an aggressive lymphoma at the age of 3, and
several days later a police department had a male ferret same color and
markings that was abandoned and needed a place to go... welcoem Foxey.

We have lost two more gals of late Princess from the hospice in Kittery
adn Sasa a MA transfer ferret from Greg's Ferret Funhoouse. Both of
these gals were old, both arrived as biters, so I was not at all
surprised to receive a phone call form a VT rescue yesterday about a
female ferret that nipped and they would not place her into a home. She
is being held this weekend and arrangements will be made for her to
arrive here wqhere I will work with her for a week, then she will be
integrated into the small group at Greg's Ferret Funhouse ( a ferret
wise hospice home) where it is hoped she will give Darkstar a playmate
as she has gotten so pudgy she has been put on a no soup diet!

Yes things work in interesting ways and I tend to feel those little
spirits continue to look after those left behind, working small
miracles after they have gone. Ferrets do come into our lives for a
reason. I will be updating you in the near future on the newcomer.

Alicia for the many faces of Ferret Wise
www.ferretwise.org