Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 2011 09:54:10 -0400
I am shocked and dismayed to read the posts regarding Sandi's loss
of Foxy. I would have thought the ferret community would be more
supportive of one of their own; and by one of their own, I am referring
to a ferret owner, not a vet. How would any of you feel if a vet
simply put down your own ferret? To say that Sandi's reporting the
disciplining measures taken against this vet to the FML was her
gloating is a terrible accusation. I saw no gloating in her post;
simply informing the FML of the facts. And to that poster, saying the
ferret would be ashamed of its owner: really? Guilt tactics? Are we
five? You don't think that ferret deserved justice? And BIG, I am
sorely disappointed in your also saying that Sandi was gloating. While
it's great for you all to defend this vet, there was no reason to
attack Sandi. And is it so hard to believe that a vet can slip up and
be tempted by the drugs he/she handles? Or that they can do something
wrong? I doubt the state would have suspended this vet's license
without due cause.

I've been reading the FML for so many years I have lost count. I lurk
mostly and wait for the ferret giving tree each holiday season. I will
said my piece and I won't respond any more.