From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:37:36 -0500
I've had e-mails and snail mails go astray.  I think that all of us have.
Who hasn't had a check lost or delayed in the mail?  Who hasn't had an
order go missing?  Who hasn't sent a note to the FML only to find that
now and then one won't appear because it never got there, or who hasn't
found that someone on the FML sent a reply that never arrived?  Maybe 5
to 10 years ago we had an entire bundle of checks sent to pay bills never
reach their destinations except for one that arrived with a torn envelop
and check; a machine at a post office had ripped them up and we had to
call up and then repay the entire lot of them.  Many years ago a similar
thing happened to a bundle of Christmas cards.

From the sounds of it, the Ferret Store's letter apparently didn't reach
everyone.  Since some people or shelters did acquire the insurance that
they are required to now have venders supply, it's obvious that some DID
get the letters.  Therefore, it is obvious that the letters went out.  A
server or a post office lost some.  That HAPPENS.  It's amazing that such
a small percentage of the total mail sent over a year does go astray.

It's time to calm down, and if someone wants to resume selling through
the ferret store to just find out whom to contact for more information.
Then do contact them and see if you can manage to get the needed
insurance.

It is sad that a litigious society has made this a required precaution,
but we all know that when people can sue places and win major bucks for
things like burns from the customer placing hot coffee between her thighs
and then squeezing, or a customer slipping on soda pop when she herself
threw the pop on the floor mere seconds before, or a burglar getting
stuck in a locked garage for a few days -- ALL of which are REAL lawsuits
that DID win -- then the rest of us ALL wind up paying the price for
those stupid awards.  There are suits which make sense, but frivolous
ones hurt everyone.

The Ferret Store has a long history of going the extra mile to help
others but they live in the real world the same as all of the rest of us
do.  As a satisfied customer I have to say that there are logical limits
to the burdens they can be expected to carry.  I plan to keep buying from
them, and I hope that those who did not receive the notification contact
them and ask for a re-send of the information which did not arrive the
first time around.