From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 1996 15:35:05 -0400
Hi all - one observation with question, one question.

First, Potpie got a cold.  Eek!  It passed from me to Potpie to John and
Neil (they really did get it from the ferret, honest :).  It was very cute -
she was snuffly and sneezy for a day, then she was fine.  My question is:
despite her being snuffly and sneezy, she was perfectly hyperactive.  I gave
her diluted cranberry juice (NOTE: All four of my kids LOVE LOVE LOVE
cranberry juice - i keep a saucer of watered-down juice out for Potpie when
she's out) in her cage to drink and kept her cage/water clean, and she was
fine the next day.  Now, the actual question: she was 'snuffly' in that her
nose sounded quite congested, she kept swallowing, and she would
occasionally 'clear' her throat with a huff.  Sore throat?  Runny nose?
What're the symptom differences?

Second question: my kids had ECE in June, 95 and still occasionally have
green slimy poop and loose birdseed poop.  The green slimy can obviously be
due to something else - stress or weather change or hating the kitten - and
the loose grainy poop obv due to intestinal damage.  However, are they still
likely to be harboring/shedding the virus?  I'd dearly love to bring Potpie
to the November Lansing show, but ONLY if she's not a risk any more.

I repeat "ONLY" again.  I sympathize hugely with Kelleen and others battling
ECE - caring for Potpie exhausted me and infuriated her until the vet, after
three weeks, prescribed pred injections, which turned her around.  It was an
awful three weeks, and i wouldnt put anyone else at risk.

Melissa

      Melissa Litwicki                              "Is it ... atomic?"
      [log in to unmask]                             "Yes! VERY atomic!"