Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 04:21:26 -0600
Clipping a nail to get blood??!?  Good God!  Would you let your doctor yank
out your fingernail or cut it down to the wick to get *your* blood?  I had
never even heard of this prior to reading the posts regarding it, and my
vet would never even consider such a procedure.  Nor would I ever go back
to a vet who did!

On a related note, I once had the misfortune of coming across a vet who,
in order to get blood from the *jugular vein* of the ferret we were
fostering (not my usual vet, but this ferret's vet, unfortunately), put
a tourniquette around the poor baby's *neck*!!  Gee, I wonder why she
struggled so? <note sarcasm>  Of course, this is the same vet who also said
that this ferret's fasting blood glucose of 66 was "perfectly normal."
Hmph.  It was only after I *insisted* that he was wrong and practically
*begged* him to double-check that he called someone else who confirmed that
66 was too low, which forced him to (grudgingly) admit his error.  Grrrr.

-Tasha