From:
mike janke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 1994 09:14:45 -0500
 To b. norton

Last year our friend of 7 years died and we were grief stricken, as anyone
else would be I imagine, and we wanted to have Sid buried so we could visit
and pay our respects.

Since we live in an apartment, a backyard burial was obviously out of the
question.  Our vet suggested a local pet cemetary which turned out to be
less than 5 miles from us.  I never even knew it was there.

It wasn't cheap.  To the best of my recollection, it cost us around $500+ which
 included a headstone with a metal engraving of a picture of Sid.  This
did not include a yearly maintenance fee of $25 or we could have opted for a
 one-time perpetual maintenance payment of $300.

A less expensive option is cremation but we didn't want to do that.  I'm not
sorry that we spent the money.  Sid meant a lot to us and I couldn't put a
monetary value on that.  And, it sure is nice to be able to take fresh flowers
and visit.

     mike