From:
Diane Dederick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 07:54:47 EDT
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the passing of my sweet auxilliary
backup lap ferret, Kristos, has passed on to the rainbow bridge.  Right
after Charles got back from his surgery, I allowed a MF baby to expose my
8 ferrets to ECE.  It was stupid, it was irresponsible.  I'm wracked with
guilt and grief.  4 of my 8 got ECE, but only 3 got better.  Kristos just
never got better.  I had to come to Florida for my parents wedding, and I
left my gang in the care of a good friend, who is ferret knowledgeable.
When I left, Kristos had been appearing to get a little bit better every
day, he was still pooping and apparently eating SOMETHING, and I was
supplementing his eating with Turkey/Rice baby food mixed with ferretone.
I thought, since he WAS eating and he WAS pooping, that it would only be a
matter of time before he got completely well.  I went ahead with my plans
to fly to see my family.  I had intended to take him with me, but the
airlines only allowed Dogs, Cats & Birds, and customer service put you on
perpetual hold, so I had to leave him home and hope for the best.

Yesterday morning I got a call from my ferret sitter with the worst news.
Kristos had passed on to the Bridge.  I feel awful, I wasn't there to hold
him and tell him about the bridge, as I was there for all MY ferrets when
they were sick, and all my friends ferrets when it was time to pass on.  I
failed Kristos and I only hope he can forgive me.  Sandee, please, if
there's a sweet little fur kid wandering around looking lost, please help
him up with his brother Earl.  Earl will be running around with a bridal
garter in his mouth, looking to stash it somewhere.  Maybe they can hide
it together.  Oh, and PLEASE?  Hug him, kiss him, tell him his mommy loves
him dearly and hopes he waits for her at the bridge.

Sorry for the Hotmail Addy, I'm still in FLorida and can only access my
mail through here, BIG, I hope you let it go through.  My member email
addy is [log in to unmask]   [Sure. no problem.  BIG]