From:
Jennifer Morlanne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 08:09:19 -0500
I've been lurking for a long time but I've surfaced for a weird question.  I
have a little (5 lb) Yorkshire Terrier (1 yr old) and she loves to eat
nothing more than ferret poop!  Now granted, I clean a lot of ferret poop
and it doesn't gross me out much but the thought that she EATS it turns my
stomach.  I could almost "get over it" if it wasn't for the fact that she
gets an upset stomach and vomits everytime she eats some (we have this very
well correlated).  Having 4 fur kids you can imagine that she gets to the
poop quite often and hence vomits quite a bit as well.  There is a product
called "For-bid" that is for dogs that eat their own feces.  It is supposed
to make the poop taste bad and hence break the poop-eating habit.  Does
anyone know if this can be given to ferrets without harming them?  Does
anyone have any other suggestions?  Is this the only dog out there that does
this?  Anyone with knowledge or experience please let me know.  Thanks.

Jennifer and the poop-eating hound, Brandi.