From:
Diana Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 05:31:35 -0800
I have a ferret that I took in to the vet 12 days ago because he stoped
eating and had a huge crusty discharge in his right ear.  The vet cleaned
out his ear and did a swab.  It was loaded with white blood cells so he was
put on batril twice a day and baytril drops in the ear twice a day as well.
I started immediately but the first day to get both doses was Friday the
4th.  Today is the 15 and as of this morning he still has tons of discharge
out of that ear and while he is eating normally again, I am not sure what
to do next.  I called the vet yesterday and she was going to run the blood
that they took from him to see if that would shed any light on what was up
but I have never had a problem with batril taking so long to kick in an
infection.  I was hoping to place him last weekend but with the advent of
the infection I had to call the woman who wanted him and tell her the until
we got this issue cleared up, I was not going to release him.

Diana and the Ferret Farm