From:
Lisa Mesplay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 1994 19:55:52 -0800
Greetings, Listers, and particularly Chris whose ferret can't seem to hit
that ol' litter box.  I had the same problem with Bug, The Horrible
Child, who backed up next to the litterbox and let 'er rip.  We finally
had to poke five or six *blunted* two-inch nails through some cardboard
and place the setup so it would prod Bug right where it would do her the
most good.  Bless my tail, it worked and the little Hellkit hasn't done
it since.  As a newbie ferret owner, I was encouraged by this evidence
that ferrets can and do change their behavior.

Good luck, Chris!

-- Lisa (and Raphael, who is one year old tomorrow, and The Bug)