From:
Stephanie Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 1995 18:01:56 -0500
Hi everyone,

This will probably be my last post for some time.  I'm off to North
Carolina from Arizona.  I just had to add my two "ferrets" worth to the
WHAT I CALL MY FERRETS IS....

Critters and You Silly Mongoose are the two favorites around here, along
with, of course, "don't do that next to the litter box!"

The other day as I was reading the FML, a posting about ferrets and plants,
I was thinking to myself "Glad my ferrets have never bothered my plants" My
plants are very accesible to them but they have never bothered them.  Just
as I thought this I turned around to find Talli nose deep in one of the
plants on top of the TV and dirt spread all over the VCR and TV and the
floor.  So it goes to say never think it, because they can read your mind
and do exactly what you are thinking.

One other thing, We had this meeting at work and I brought Winston along
like always but this time the owners, my boss, brought thier dog.  I spent
the entire time with this large dog in my lap and a ferret in my jacket.
The dog didn't want to hurt him, just give him lots of kisses.  Winston
decided that after the dog licked him a couple of times he had enough and
hid in the back of my jacket.  The dog spent the rest of the time trying to
find out where the little funny looking critter went.

Well that is enough babbling about my favorite friends for now.  See
everyone in a couple of weeks back on the east cost.

Stephanie (covered with dog hair on the outside and ferret fur on the inside)
Winston (Ma, I don't think I really needed that bath!)
Talli (how come I didn't get to go to work, I could have taken on the dog
Ma!)

StephB [log in to unmask]

PS  I guess I'm not the average ferret owner.  Young female, yes, well
educated, yes but in wierd things, Cars and Diesel Trucks, (yes the give
degrees in that type of work) well off, no not yet anyways, I'm still
working on that.  It seems to me there are quite a few Starving Students who
own ferrets also.  They are easy care (mostly), travel well, don't cost
alot(usually if all goes well) and can be easily hidden from the school
apartment inspectors, (in the closet with a table cloth over the cage, not
for very long).

Does anyone know anything about the ferret tunnels that are available.  They
are called Fun-nells made by SuperPet.  How do ferrets climb up them
vertically how well can they get up them, how high can they go in them ,what
size of a ferret will fit in them (how big lbs), and are they really used by
ferrets ie do they acutually like them.  any responses can be directly
emailed to me a StephB [log in to unmask]  Thanks.

Thanks for this great list BIG, Its the best thing to happen to ferrets
since raisens.

Steph and the Silly Mongooses (Mongeese?)