From:
msperling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 1998 13:19:54 -0700
Hello everyone.  Having worked at Petsmart in New Jersey,for almost four
years I must let everyone know that yes they do have allot of ferret
supplies but unfortunately the store cannot order anything for a customer.
When Petsmart was Petfoodgiant they could they were taken over by Petsmart
last year and everything has sure changed.  Most of the employees that work
there must have some knowledge about all kinds of pets.  That is the way we
get raises for working there.Its a small amount like 5cents an hour for the
whole year.Most of the managers I have worked with are very knowledgable but
there will always be some that are not.  Here in New Jersey we do not sell
ferrets as the principal is there are already way too many animals in
shelters.I wish that the company would change its policy about ordering
items for all pets but it is not going to happen any time soon.  The company
sends into each store items that are popular and don't carry ones that are
not.  Yes by the way cat toys are exactly the same toys for ferrets I found
that out too and always told my customers that fact.  I also told them about
the best kind of food to feed ferrets.We don't carry Totaly Ferret but we do
carry 8-in-one ferret food along with Kaytee Ferret food though that food is
soft kind of food and not too good for ferrets teeth.  I persoanly use
8-in-one food and have no problems health wise at all.  I cannot find Totaly
Ferret where I live and my Vet told me the food I was using was so much
better than Friskies or any other grocery type food.  I also mix in Iams
Kitten food with the 8-in-one.  I hope that this post might clarify some
misconceptions about why Petsmart cannot order for a customer .If people
would call Petsmart Headquarters located in Phoneix Arizona then maybe they
will change their policy.  I always tell my customers that too.  thanks for
listening everyone:>)

Michele and her caravan of fuzzbutts: Fatboy,Ratbert and Bandit :>)

===
please visit my web page at: www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/4908
"Don't be afraid to dream..for out of the most fragile dreams come miracles"