From:
David Caudill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 1996 19:47:47 +0100
Hello fert lovers!

Kelleen just sent me this cute post of her crazy day!  I just thought I
would share it with the rest of you.  (BIG - Kelleen gave me permission to
post this when I asked her...)

Hi,

You won't believe this day David.  I got a call from the director of the
Humane Society shelter last nite and called her at home after picking up
Otee and Tribble.  They are fine but that is another amazing story for
later.  She told me they had this ferret out there that was very vicious and
they couldn't even touch it etc..  and if I wanted to take it I was welcome
to it, otherwise it would be put down immeidiately.  I told her I would be
there this afternoon first thing.

As she described this little one to me I had the weirdest thought.  Mom had
just read to me a story Sheena had written to the FML about a mink some
people adopted from the SPCA that they were told was a ferret.  I was
thinking in my mind as the lady spoke to me that oh my God would it be so
weird or what if they actually had a mink and not a ferret.  Either way I
decided I would not leave it to it's doom out there.

So guess what?  Yep, it was a very young wild black mink.  I put on their
huge long gloves out of thick leather and after several tries caught it in
their cage and transferred it to mine.  Mom and I then went to our angel vet
and his boss was in so he took a quick look and verified that it was indeed
a mink.  I had been told this little one had a heck of a scream but she had
not done so yet.  While we waited to see the vet my hands were near to the
front of the cage and I gestured with them while talking and apparently
scared her.  Wow!  What a scream was right.  High pitched and loud as heck
too.  I called several places about what I should do with a mink.  The one I
was happy with was our Animals In Distress folk and they told me of an area
in town by a river and park that is a safe area to let her free in as there
are other minks there too and it is a no trapping area.  They have let a
mink loose their once before.  So tonite I will go to set her free and I
wanted you to come too so I could get a photo or two as she runs out of the
cage and off to the rest of her life.  I took some while in the cage but
they never turn out the best.

Also the ferret who's Daddy is moving to Calif. will be coming to be with
me tomorrow now.  Daddy just wants so badly once he is settled to maybe
bring his baby of 6 years to be with him even tho it is illegal.  At least
he is placing him in long-term ferret-sitting with me for maybe 6 to 12
months and then taking his time to decide if it is possible to do or if he
should give him up to be adopted out by me or become a permanent shelter kid
if no one wants to adopt a 6 year old.  So Squeeker will be picked up by me
at noon tomorrow.  What a busy time this has become all of a sudden and the
strangest things happening.  Well I have to run now, get back to me on going
with me later on.  TNT!!

*          Kelleen Andrews  &  The FANG GANG!!!!        *
*     President and Founder of F.A.N.G. Shelter/Club    *
*         (Ferret Association of Neverending Glee)      *
*           405 S. Orchard   Boise, Idaho  83705        *
*  Donations gratefully accepted & if you wish send to  *
*                                                       *
*      FANG's Angel Vet        Dr. Mike Koob D.V.M.     *
*    c/o  All Pet Complex       6712 Glenwood Ave.      *
*    Boise, Idaho  83702           208-853-1000         *
*   Please mark it as a FANG DONATION.    THANK-YOU!    *

*    David Caudill ----  [log in to unmask]                    *
*F.A.N.G. - Ferret Association of Neverending Glee Shelter/Club *
*    Vice President and Co-Founder                              *
*    Ste 778  3929 Overland                                     *
*    Boise, Idaho  83705                                        *
Famous Last Words in RPG's: #023
"Wonder what this button does ?"