From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2005 14:12:27 -0700
See comments within original text.
Dr. Mike

>Nothing has been mentioned about the efforts of the many concerned
>'fert people' to stop the "trial" stocking of kits by PETSMART in a
>'few' stores.  Is this discussion about the age, care, vaccines,etc.,
>at PETSMART mean that the 'trial' period has ended, and kits will be
>an "available" product from now on??

* We are still in Pilot stage and will be so for quite a while.

>If so, I really expected a bit more of a "reality check" by Petsmart
>over the "one more place to buy a ferret" deal!  If not, then I look
>forward to the decision by Petsmart, whether pro or con.

* If we decide to continue and expand, it will be done so on a very
informed and responsible basis so that we will not be "one more place
to buy a ferret".  We want to change the way in which ferrets are bred,
raised, shipped and sold in retail stores.  I believe that we have
already begun to do so while only being in pilot stage.