From:
Matt Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 1995 17:56:37 -0400
Hello all!
I just thought I'd drop in a little story about Rikki's first softball game
and her first dog. My wife was playing in a softball game and I thought I'd
bring Rikki along for moral support. Within a few seconds of arriving, quite
a number of strangers came over to see what I had.  (If I wasn't married, a
ferret would be a pretty good way of meeting women!)  Anyway, Rikki started
getting anxious from all the attention so I brought her away from the crowd.
 A few minutes later, a guy with a medium sized dog came walking over, being
led by the dog.  The dog had apparently smelled Rikki and wanted to check her
out.  Now Rikki is a 1 1/2 pound spayed descented female and the dog must
have weighed 40 pounds.  I held Rikki up from 10 feet away and they looked at
each other.  Who do you think flinched?  The big old doggy.  Rikki just
looked at the dog and the dog tried its best to get away from her, whimpering
and whining.  I think I'll make Rikki my Guard Ferret from now on.  She never
did have much interest in the game.
SQUEAK TOYS - I got our girls a squeaky Snoopy after I saw the varied
reactions that you all got with your ferrets.  Rikki chirps happily whenever
the toy is squeaked and then tries to drag it off to her hiding places.
Gabby will occasionally chirps and often attacks the hand that holds the
toy.  They do both love to chase the Snoopy on a string and it is a fun game
for all!
Later everyone and thanks for the wacky stories!
Matt, Juliane, and the Furry Rats, Rikki Tikki Tavi and Gabby