From:
Sunny Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 17:59:35 EDT
Well, I try so hard not to get into a conflict but here goes.  I joined
this listing to get a better knowledge of my pets.  I am a farmer from way
back but have been out of the loop for many years.  It seems that I must
have a need for animals for I am now back but with ferrets.

I have had animals that have lived for 23 years.  That is at least my cats
have stayed around for that long.  I remarried 10 years back and had two
wonderful cats that were my loving pets for years and they didn't care much
for my husband and his two children.  I had two children of my own.  My
cats would sit across the street and cry and I would go and get them.  They
of course would leave again and the neighbors would be so upset with the
crying.  I would once again get them and confine them to the house.  Well
needless to say they decieded to starve themselves.  I try'd having them
injected with fluids, try'd bottle feeding, try'd meds to make them eat.
Within months I had to put down my mother cat of 23 years and It was like
loosing a child.  I had to put down her daughter two months later.  I cry'd
for days.  The only other option I had was to get rid of my husband and his
kids.

My point is we have to make choices.  They are our choices.  We make
comments to others so they will help with our pain not to give us more.
I still after all these years cry when I see pictures of my babies.  I do
have some resentment towards my husband and his children even though they
did nothing but come join our family.  The pain that we have for choosing
to help our loved ones over is something that we share in hopes that
someone out there will say "its okay you made the right choice and that
it is better for your pet now.".  We don't make it lightly.

I had one person say to me oh they are just cats get over it.  After the
tears were gone, I really felt sorry for that person for they must never
have had the bond that my animals and I have had.  Each pet is different
and loved in its own way and loves in its own way.

Personally, I would never put my grandmother down even if her 94 years
young were a burden, but that is my choice.  But, if I did.... I would
share in hopes someone out there would say, "shes better off where she
is now and you did the right thing." NO COMPARISON I KNOW>

On another note if there is anyone is the Seattle area that has any on hand
experiance with breeding ferrets, I have one that I would like to talk with
you about.  IT is a gift from god but I need hands on experiance with this.
More knowledge the better.

I'm on lunch and this is a fast note.  SO please no conflicts no pain.

Sunny