From:
Graped Fert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 07:02:43 +0000
Greetings all,

My ferret has developed a rather distinctive hair loss pattern on his
belly:

http://home.comcast.net/~grapedfert/HairLoss1.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~grapedfert/HairLoss2.jpg

He is about 6 yrs old now... pretty happy and healthy, outwardly. As
you may be able to see in those pictures, the hair on his tail is a
little thin (uniformly) but otherwise and everywhere else his fur is
good. It is just the two "bald stripes" down his belly that I'm
concerned about... they seem to have developed or at least become
very obvious during the past couple of weeks.

This isn't a pattern I've seen associated with adrenal ferrets. Have
any of you seen it start like this?

On the lookout for excessive belly licking/scratching,
GrapedFert