From:
Vickie McKimmey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 18:35:39 -0500
The entries are stacked to the ceiling for AFA's Spring Nationals Ferret
Competition to be held on March 27th, 2004 in the Horticulture Hall at
the York Fairgrounds in York, PA.  Most all of the specialty rings are
full and closed, but some still have a space or two available if you
have procrastinated and still want to enter.

If you haven't heard of one of the country's largest ferret shows of the
year, you can find entry and other information at
http://www.ferret.org/events/2004spring.htm
Over 460 ferrets will be judged in the title and specialty classes.  Wow!

We have a great professional photographer, TJL Digital Photography, who
will be at our show this time.  You might remember them if you attended
HOFA's Buckeye Bash last August.  I can speak from experience they do
great work and have even donated a sitting and pic for our raffle table
(I won it at HOFA's show!).

Speaking of raffles...be sure to bring all your spare cash, we have
hundreds of goodies for your raffling pleasures!  To name just a few of
the great items, we have almost 100 toys donated by Super Pets, we have
Totally Ferret donated by Performance Food, we have some 8-in-1 goodies,
we will have several great cages, and 10 Bumble Balls.  If you don't get
a chance to win a Bumble Ball - and your ferrets will go nuts with this
toy - be sure to stop by Ferret Madness to pick one or two or more up!
Plus our vendors are very generous and donate great items for our table
at each show.

And speaking of vendors, some are vendors include:  EcoQuest, Martin's
Cages, Three Rivers Ferret Club, Ferret Warez, Bird Dawg Embroidery,
Tiny Prints Ferret Rescue, Shady Hollow Ferretry, Just a Business of
Ferrets, The Ferret Store, Ferret Madness/FARI, Eight In One Pet
Products, Guardian Angel Ferrets, Clara's Creations, Ferretfolk
Ferretry, For the Love of Ferrets, Scarlett's Happy Dookers, Ferrets
of the HEART, FerretWise, Vornehm, Ferret Fiasco, Hillcrest Ferrets
and the PA Ferret Club and Shelter.  Wow!!!!

It looks like quite a few newbie ferret show goers and vendors, so all
you veteran show folks, please, please make the newbies feel welcome!
Hopefully you've paid off all your Christmas bills and need some new
hammies and blankies for your crew.  Our vendors come well stocked with
lots of cool stuff and new stuff, so be sure and stop by each table to
check them out.

This is the first show for AFA's 2004 show circuit, so we will be
starting the day with some presentations.  The ferrets who have reach
the gold and platinum title levels will be presented their certificates.
Then what everyone has worked for and waited all year for, awards for
Ferret of the Year 2003 and Companion Ferret of the Year 2003 will be
presented to those two ferrets who have scored the most consistently over
the past year.  I know who they are, but you will just have to stop by
early to find out!

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me directly at

Hope to see everyone on March 27th in York!
Vickie
Director of Shows and Special Events
American Ferret Association, Inc.
www.ferret.org