Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 2009 12:29:09 -0500
Well, it was a long week... after the Aimes Iowa lab sent the correct
H1N1 test swabs to our vet last Friday- I was in bed with the flu- And
I did get to my Doctor for a swab test last Thur. It was "inconclusive",
but he said if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... besides,
our pharmacies are out of Tamiflu. For the time being. So I spent last
Thur- Sat. taking antibiotics to treat the secondary upper respiratory
infection (sinus)- So me and the ferrets are all pretty much taking the
same thing. I am better now, the ferrets have all stopped sneezing- all
is fine..... I'm not going to be taking in or adopting out ferrets for
the next 30 days. In the event that any of our ferrets from our other
locations in VA. come up sneezing, etc., then we do now have the
correct testing supplies.

Sincerely,

Marlene Blackburn
Director