From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 10:27:51 -0500
Rrrring goes the telephone.  "Thank you for calling Ferret Family Services,
this is Tina, how may I help you?"..... "I'll have Troy Lynn return your
call."  click.

When I got home last night there was a message to call a pet store a few
hours away from us.  When I called I was delighted.  This pet store has a
7-8 month old male ferret that they'd had since he was 6 weeks.  He is a
Marshall Farms boy.  The ferret had recently been sold and the person
brought him back claiming he was trying to kill her other (older) ferret
and was attacking them. (NOT!)  So the pet store took the boy back and
called Marshall Farms to find out what to do.  Well I'm happy to report
that Marshall Farms gave the pet store our number to contact!!!!  And in
the same evening we were able to place the little one in his very own home
with a companion his age. :-)

What we actually have here is an adolescent that has been caged all his
life and is raring to go without the usual social graces.  A little gentle
training and lots of TLC will help tremendously.  Older ferrets that haven't
been around other ferrets do not always accept a new ferret companion and an
adolescent can be too active for older ferrets and one that has been caged
for many months may be super hyper.  As for the attacking issue, well he
doesn't know any better because he hasn't been taught.  Sometimes people
that are use to more docile ferrets are overwhelmed with new kits or
adolescents.

Thanks to the pet store for contacting us and to Marshall Farms for the
referral!

OH and thanks to those that sent in the dollar and two dollar donations.  I
can't tell you how much it means to us.  Just seeing that someone out there
really cares enough to send the dollar makes me feel better.  The act itself
is priceless.

Condolences to all that have sick or have lost a beloved ferret.

hugs to everyone! tle