From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 2009 00:15:32 -0500
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was teaching her kits de
fine art of climbing. Of course they asked her why they would ever want
to do that. She told them that it was what she most loved to do on
earth--climbing to de top of her tall cage or most of all, de tall
hutch. So she found de perfect group of rocks to climb and it was so
easy to do and she soon was at almost at de top. De kits were cheering
her on. But all of a sudden she heard de flutter of wings near her and
she thought, "Oh-Oh." Faster, she began to climb until she got to de
top. She turned and for sure dere was Dexter, de little boy courier,
with a note in his paw. He said,

"SawaFewwet, how comes you are climbing dese silly wocks. Don't you
have anything else to do? And you know there is no where else for me
to sit, so I has to stay in this holding place to talk to you. Well
anyway, there is a fewwet cwossing the bwidge. Although by the time you
get thwu with your silliness, she will be scwoss and lost. Is there
anyone you want me to get."

He handed her de note and she read it. She sent Dexter on his way to
get de (hopefully right) fuzzies and she flew off de rocks and landed
below. She gave de kits a hug and headed for de entrance. Sigh! Dexter
was right. Dere was a little girl fuzzy waiting patiently at de
entrance just looking around. So I introduced myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Sorry I am late; got
all tied up someplace. Welcome to de Rainbow Bridge. Dis is your new
forever home. Here you will have no more pain and suffering and you
will run on green grass forever. You will have lotsa friends and be
able to have any kind of food you want. Did I mention de fun and
games?"

The de little girl spoke, "Well that is funny that you and I and I
share the same name name sorta. My name is Sara and I belong to Mommy
Susan. She told me that she knew you very well. That you had greeted
her ferrets often and that she had sent messages to you all the time.
And that there would be my sisters here. But I don't see my sisters
here. I hope Mommy wasn't just telling me stories. Anyway, I was just
so tired and ready to cross, but Mommy didn't want me to come here; she
just didn't want to let me go. Maybe you don't understand that being
you live here. I really loved it with her, but when you can't dance
anymore, well..."

"Sara, I understand what you are talking about. I once lived on earth
with a Mommy and she didn't want me to go either. It was very hard for
her to let me go also. But you do feel lots better now, don't you? As
for your sisters, be patient you will see them in a little while. But
first we have some things to do. Do you see these wings on my
shoulders?"

She looked at me and said, "Yes, are those wings? I just thought those
were some kinda funny things on your shoulders. You know sometimes
ferrets get all sorts of growths."

I just smiled and said, "No, they are not growths, they are wings--see
they can be taken off and put back on in case we want to go swimming or
for sleeping. You don't want to sleep with wings on. But anyway, you
are gonna get your own set of wings--they are perfect for flying about
the heavens--sure beats hoppin from cloud to cloud."

So off we went down de garden path to de Wing House where de wings
were stored. We opened de door and on de counter was a big box marked
"Sara". She opened de box and took out de wings--Black with silver
streaks. Just perfect for a darling fuzzy. I helped put on her wings
and adjusted her halo. Then she ran to de big vanity mirror and gazed
at her reflection--my she sure was a beautiful ferret. Then she turned
to me and said, "Gee I wish Mommy could see me now." Den I gots an
idea.

So we opened de door and went outside when to our surprise dere were
her sisters, Carly, Annie, and Tinkerbella. Oh she was so happy. She
knew fnow that Mommy had not been telling her stories. That there
really was a Rainbow Bridge. We continued down de path to de Misting
Pond and sat down beside de cool clear water and one swish a vision
of Mommy Susan appeared. Sara got so excited she started waving and
dooking with all of her might.

"I love you Mommy. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for rescuing me.
Thank you for holding me at my last hour and for letting me leave. I am
feeling so much better now. I found my sisters. Oh yeah, you were right
the greeter here is named the same as me--isn't that funny? I have
wings now and soon I will be able to fly. It is so beautiful here, just
as beautiful as home."

Then she began to throw hugs and kisses and wrapped them with all of
her love and laid them on a nearby shooting star and by de time you
should read dis it should have landed dere. And with another swish de
vision was gone.

We left dere and went down another road to a cottage with a big sign
dat said "Razorback Lodge". Dere was fuzzies running in and out
carrying food. Her sisters told her dat dis was her new home. She asked
why all the carrying of food. Why, de told her, it was for a Welcome to
de Bridge party just for her. She was really amazed that a party would
be planned just for her, a rescue ferret. Why would they do this for me
she wondered to her sisters. They told her, "Sara, we are all rescues
at Mommy's house, remember." They went into the party where all de food
was laid out, food so forbidden on earth; music was a-playing, fuzzies
a-dancing. I was invited to stay, but I knew I had best go on home. I
gave Sara a hug and said my good-byes.

I went to get the kits, Serena and Isabel, and den went to visit some
of business from earth which I rarely got a chance to do.

So ended another greeting at de Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter