From:
John & Diana Strausbauch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 08:01:34 -0800
Hello - Dooks,

I don't write often, and will try to keep this brief.  There has been alot
of talk about dog breeds.  Here's my two cents... It's more than just the
breed of a dog that makes the family complete.  It's the training - even a
stuburn dog can go to obedience school and be taught proper behavior.  Part
of the training includes, how to interact with other animals, or to leave
them alone on command.  Of course the breeds that do well with children are
a first choice, but, I know people with Dobermans, Chessapeakes, Sheep
Dogs, and so on.  These are Big dogs, and have learned to live and even
enjoy their extended family members.  I must stress training.  I also work
with Doggie Rescue - I'd see alot less if - Training were part of the
adoption training.  Spay and Neuter are very important in all animals that
we rescue.  Traing should also be high on the list.

We have 5 Resident Fuzzies, they all are great with the animals in the
house including the 6 children.  My children love the Fuzzies and they have
become a huge part of our lives.  We buy more toys and stuff for them than
any of us.

On that note, I have been trying to change the ferrets over to a higher
quality food... I am not having very much luck.  They won't even look at
it.  The food debate, really, I think it has to do more with what our
Fuzzies will eat, and how to supplement their diet if they prefer the less
quality food.

Sorry so long... I tried the totally ferret, the prem.  marshall, iam's.
They like the 8-1 the best, although looking at the ingedients, it's not
the best for them.  So I have lots of supplements and rotate them like a
treat.

Well, that's all... Diana --,-<-@  Dooks to All