From:
Juliana Quadrozzi - FERRET BUSINESS of GA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 23:18:51 -0400
>From:    Sari Diane <Sari [log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Amorous Felt loving his toy too much!

I read your post & had to laugh.  My gorgeous foster Barrette, a big,
burley, macho man, also has a love of his life.  When he was surrendered I
had my standard ferret profile filled out for him.  She listed "Elmo" under
/favorite toys/.  Favorite is an understatement.  Barrette, who has a
female cage mate, is totally obsessed with a little, red, stuffed Elmo doll
who's just about his size.  He doesn't (cover your eyes kids) hump, but he
wraps himself around Elmo & hangs on for all he's worth.  I've never seen
anything like it w/all the dozens of fuzzies I've had in my care.  I'm
going to have to find another one just like it, because Elmo's head is
starting to wear out!  Have any of you seen this kind of obsession?

I've read the posts about fuzzies being attracted to red, but he doesn't
pay any attention to the other red toys.  It's crossed my mind that there
could be an adrenal connection.  But he's been in my care for a year
(GAWD...I don't understand why they haven't been adopted yet - NINA GET
DOWN FROM THERE!) & he doesn't exhibit a single symptom of the disease.
His coat is lush, his weight is great, & he has no adrenal odor.  He's also
very gentle & exhibits no aggression towards his cage mate (I don't let him
out w/other ferrets, because his cage mate Nina would rip them to shreds).
 Any ideas?

Juliana  (770) 984-1417 <[log in to unmask]>

FERRET BUSINESS of GA
(fer't `biz'ness) n.    1 Ferret foster care & adoption.
2 Info about ferret care & ownership.    3 What a ferret does.
4 A collection of ferrets.    5 A direct result of ferret math.
/That's BUSINESS as in a bunch of ferrets folks./