From:
Brooke Tomaszewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 09:48:25 -0400
Hi Everyone!

I am so sorry that it has taken me this long to get back online!  Right
after I posted the messages about my neighbor's sick ferret Molly, my modem
quit working!  I know I missed tons of messages from you guys, because for a
brief 30 seconds I caught a glimpse of the mail that is stuck on my AOL
account and many messages were there.  If I did not respond to you, it is
because I cannot get to that account and I haven't been able to contact the
company about my modem.  So, if you could please resend those important
messages to my new account (in the header above) I would really appreciate
it!

As for Molly, she is doing much better.  Her owner treated her for the ear
infection and she is doing well.  She still tilts her head to the side, but
is playing and having a blast.  I also posted about my new ferret Samson, he
is a 6 month old, male, New Zealand ferret.  He is precious, but I am
concerned about his habit of chewing up fabric.  I have tried to remove
everything he could possibly ingest, but what I'd like to know is this: Is
there a reason for the chewing?  Could he be lacking something in his diet?
I feed my ferrets Kaytee ferret food mixed with Iams Kitten Food.  Should I
try a different blend?  Is this type of chewing a symptom of any
gastrointestinal ailment?  The vet told me that it is a very common trait in
ferrets, but I have not heard of this on the FML.  (Unless it was discussed
recently, while I have been battling to get back online :) ) Anyway, if any
of you have any advice it would be much appreciated.  He's already stolen a
pair of my shorts and gotton sick from eating the drawstring, :(  He is fine
now, but it is a constant battle if he is awake and stalking as I sort my
clothes on laundry day.

I have been using Bitter Apple and it seems to work on him for a while.  I
just want to make sure I am doing everything I can for him. :)  Thanks for
all your help and concern, I don't know what I'd do without you guys!  I
apologize again for the inconvenience of resending the e-mail messages, and
the long time it has taken me to get back online and explain.  Thank you
too, BIG, for the great job you do everyday. :)

Smiles and Ferret Kisses to All!
Brooke
Jezebel (Mom, Samson is trying to eat my hammock!)
Samson  (Yummy...chew,chew,rip...yummy)