From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 1996 08:49:24 -0400
Hi all - a couple of days someone posted about canadian ferrets - they
thought the large MF type farm there might be associated with Hagen (so who
is Hagen?).  I was wondering if any Canadians out there could amplify on the
situation in Canada.  I have been told Giesela is Canadian because she has a
large "x" tatoo'ed on her right ear (a very amateur looking tatoo).  Is this
a national law?  Or does this one big farm to this like the MF dots?  What
is the name of the farm?  (Seems like I've heard of a big farm named "Path"
but I'm not sure).  Do they ship to the states frequently?  I live in
Michigan so I guess Windsor isn't that far but neither is New York.

Well I guess it had to happen...I buy my food etc. from a non-animal selling
pet store but occasionally wander through the ones that sell animals - one
of the local stores now has (in addition to ferrets, half wild cat half
domestic cat kittens occasionally) Prairie Dogs!  While they had food and
water the poor things had absolutely no bedding and were sleeping on each
other in a three layer stack (there so short and pudgie they dont layer,
just stack).  While it's just my opinion - I think this is very sad, I don't
think you can really have the best for the animal in mind when you are
taking an animal like this out of its environment, and surely the number of
people end up finding them inconvient, not as fun as they thought, too much
trouble etc.  must be higher.  So the animals get passed around and finally
end up at the humane society or somewhere (if they're lucky).  Seeing this
usually invokes fantasies of the "if I were queen for a day" type.  GRRRR!

Dooks to all
Mary, Boris and Giesela ("hey, I'm a fureigner!")