From:
"Ilena E. Ayala" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 22:41:23 EST
I don't mean to re-raise this again on the list, but don't recall who was
posting about this originally.  I happened across a reference today in the
British Small Animal Veterinary Assn "Manual of Exotic Pets" (1991), in the
chapter on ferrets.  under the section on (shudder ) ferret fur ranching;
which read as follows:

"It is the practice of some ranches to breed male mink with female ferrets
in order to obtain two litters per year compared with the female mink's one
litter.  The offspring are infertile hybrids with a better quality fur than
the pure ferret."

It did not mention what the hybrid was called.