From:
Irinia Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 08:27:01 -0800
On the way to work this morning I was listening to the local Bay Area
station, KITS (Live 105).  Someone on the Alex Bennett Program mention that
a guest had made an obscure ferret reference (I missed it).  Someone from
the CFL called and tried to promote our cause for legalization.  The person
from CFL failed to identify himself, but did get out the address of
[log in to unmask]  He also tried to mention the San Francisco chapter of
Ferrets Anonymous, but was cut off by co-host Lori Thompson, who was trying
to be funny ("What do you guys do, have your meetings in a Hyundai?").

The sad part is that Alex Bennett asked the person from CFL, "Don't ferrets
kill chickens?"   The CFL guy tried to explain that they don't and that
ferrets are domesticated.  Alex replied, "Darn, I hate chickens." He then
proceeded to correct the ferretnews address and stated it to be

I applaud the guy from CFL for trying, but he was shot down by someone
trying to be funny at his expense.  **SIGH** One step forward and two steps
back.