Date:
Fri, 20 May 2011 08:37:08 -0400
Actually if anyone had done the research and called the companies
like I did more than a year ago when I suspected Galaxy-D was going
to be discontinued due to the company merger they would have found
out that Neovac-D is no longer being produced. The vaccine that is
being produced is Neovac-DA2 and that vaccinates for canine distemper
and canine adenovirus. The company says a 'ferret breeder' is using
Neovac-DA2 and has been for some time but they will not give out the
name of the 'ferret breeder'.

If you notice the information on the ordering page for Neovac-D does
not allowing you to order it - because it is no longer being
manufactured. If you also notice on the ordering page for Neovac-DA2
it does not state any safety for use in ferrets. That is because there
was no study done on this vaccine for use in ferrets.

Sorry to be the bummer but the only vaccine being produced for
vaccinating ferrets against canine distemper is Purevax.

Vickie McKimmey

Just a Business of Ferrets
www.jbferret.com
American Ferret Association
Director of Shows and Special Events
www.ferret.org
Author of Ferrets: An Animal Planet Pet Care Library Series Book