From:
Sharon Arganbright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 22:08:24 PST
Hi folks!

I'm new here, I'm Suzanne, and my kids are: Jubai, just over 1 and Mishi,
just under 1, both MF boys (or at least they were ;) ), and cats Athena,
3, girl, and Dijon-the-monster-twelve-pound-six-month-old kitten, boy.

My ferts don't dook much at all either.  Jubai did at first, he was a
First Ferret and Only Pet.  But when we got Athena (at 2 from the HSU),
all she would do was hiss and run away from him.  So now Jubai kind of
kitty-hisses.  Mishi dooked alot at first, but Jubai would only kitty-hiss
at him, so now that's the only noise any of them make.  *sigh*

Also, we've pretty much ferret-proofed the main floor of our house (no
upstairs, big heavy door to basement) so they get free run of all that.
As near as we can tell they run frantically in the morning when we let
them loose, and spend most of the day asleep in MY bed.  They go back in
their cage when we crash, at about midnight.

I had a question for yous guys though.  I've read all the books I can find
in my local pet stores about ferrets, and they all mention the relationship
to other critters like weasels, minks, otters, and the like, but I haven't
seen any mention of mongooses.  Y'know, like Rikki Tikki Tavi and the snake
stories?  Are ferrets related to mongooses?  (Is the plural of that
supposed to be mongeese?)

Thanks All!!!
Suzanne
and Jubai Mishi Athena and Dijon(hey Mom I'm out of food again)
"I was lying in bed, looking up at the stars, when it hit me...
     What happened to the roof?"
                   -found on a bumper sticker

S. Suzanne Arganbright
Stormsinger k'Leshya