From:
Lisa Oestereich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2010 11:30:21 -0400
On a frigid January morning in Massachusetts, fire struck an apartment
house that was home to a ferret mom and four little ferret residents:
Rudy, Stevie, Carmella and Bandit Half a Tail. The ferrets were from
Diane Wall's shelter, South Shore Ferret Care
<http://www.southshoreferretcare.org> . All were adrenal or had
insulinoma, and had suffered neglect and/or abuse. All were on
medication for their illnesses and were under the care of a loving
foster mom who was not home when the blaze began, sparked by an
unattended candle on another floor of the building.

All of the ferrets suffered injuries and needed emergency medical care,
but little Rudy had the worst of it. "He had some singed fur on one
foot and some burnt paw pads," said Wall. "He had some crispy skin on
his neck and around his nose ... It was difficult to get his medicine
in him (prednisone & diazoxide) as we could not touch the skin on his
neck, and with him being so rattled, and deaf, he was unable to hear
the calming voice reassuring him that he is safe."

Donations to SOS helped to pay for all four ferrets' veterinary care.
Your dollars do work miracles, saving the lives of ferrets all over
the country. Thank you!!!

Spring has sprung and Summer is a'comin', so sit back, forget all about
that nasty Winter weather and check out the fantastic prizes in the SOS
Summer raffle AND...... help needy ferrets all at the same time!!!

Harmony Kingdom "Cirque Du Feret" Jardinia - a 4" tall round cachepot,
perfect for displaying, storing doodads or even using as an ash urn
for our furry friends that have crossed the bridge. Donated by Lisa
Oestereich.

A Ferret Feisty Home, donated by our good friend Steve Yarborough
and The Ferret Depot, this beautiful home has two levels, a black
hammertone finish for super easy cleaning and is on wheels so you
can easily push it anywhere you want!

A beautiful 8 piece "Blue Whales" bedding set, donated by the
oh-so-fabulous Rose German of Little Feet Ferret Retreat.

Totally Ferret Big Bag of Goodies - A beautiful Totally Ferret canvas
bag packed full of goodies for you and the furkids from our fellow
ferret-loving friends at Totally Ferret. Isabella says "everything's
PINK", of course!

Summer Blast Gift Package - packed with stuff for you and stuff for
them - everyone wins!! Items donated by Sharon Bearden, Jeanne Carley
Cathy Ryan and Brenda Johnson, all put together in one enormous
gift pack.

Love My Munch-Kin Gift Basket - loaded with luxurious fleece blankets,
treats, toys and your choice of a 6.6 lb bag of Evo, or a 4 lb bag of
8in1 Ultimate Crunchy Advanced. Donated by Susann Thiel.

5 Piece, "Love A Weasel" bedding set - your weasels will always know
you love them with this beautiful fleece bedding set in brilliant blues
with Love A Weasel embroidered on the padded sack. Donated by Lisa
Oestereich.

And so, so, so many other great prizes you can check out by visiting
our blog at:
http://www.supportourshelters.blogspot.com/

Support Our Shelters' Summer 2010 raffle will run from May 18 until
June 30. The lucky winning tickets will be drawn by Bill Gruber.
Winners will be notified by email or phone, and announced by July 2.

Tickets cost just $1 each, or six for $5. You can allocate your tickets
any way you want! Your ticket numbers will be provided to you shortly
after your purchase.

Use Google Checkout to purchase tickets. Or, you can send a check
payable to Support Our Shelters to this address:

Support Our Shelters
c/o Lisa Oestereich
10010 Markham St.
Silver Spring, MD 20901

If you send a check, remember to include your email address or a
phone number! Please also NOTE THE NUMBER/S # OF THE PRIZE(S) you
are entering for! Checks must be received SOS on or before June 23.
[Moderator's note: The numbers of the prizes don't seem to be on this
post but they can be found on the blogspot website noted above. BIG]

IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT SHIPPING!! - The cost of shipping beyond U.S.
borders is increasingly expensive and may be prohibitive for some of
our prize donors. Therefore, we regret that we can only pay for
shipping to the point in the U.S. that is closest to your destination.
For example, if you are located in Toronto and win a prize, we can pay
the postal fees to Buffalo, N.Y. and you will be asked to cover the
difference. We ask prize winners outside the United States to be aware
of this before purchasing tickets, and we are very grateful for your
understanding.