From:
Luv N'Stuff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 10:04:28 -0500
Mice and Ferrets.

I have to add my two or three cents of the topic of mice and ferrets.  I
live in a house with a dirt crawl space underneath.  I have 5 cats and 2
ferrets and one zillion mice that have learned how to escape all by going
thru cupboards under the plumbing, thru the STOVE (ech) and etc.  Having
animals like ferrets there is NO way I am putting out poison or mouse
traps.

The ferret smell theory?  Well I must say I don't think it would work.  ,
why?  My biggest mouse problem is in the room where the ferrets live.  I
think they all sit around the food dish, Yuki with a stick to "roast" the
kibble , tell stories and eat all the food every night.  Why do I think
this?  Well my little Yuki Sato Squashed Banana poked her head out of her
little snuggly one day and out popped a mouse from beside her.  Shivers
sat on the edge of the room staring and glaring like "Did YOU see that?"
I remind them that they ARE natural born KILLERS (lol) and it is ok to
BITE the mice.  But they don't..  The biggest real fear and concern is
mice are laden with fleas and possibly then tapeworms, so I am constantly
treating or bathing and cleaning for fleas.

We have blocked all holes, used foam filling, added dryer sheets (I heard
that worked too) , but the mice chew thru the filing find new paths and
could care less the house smells like ferrets or CATS.

Soon I am moving , lets hope Yuki will stop making friends with the wiley
little pests.